STUDIO TIME RATE: $60 per hour (or $1 per minute) applies to full and / or partial hours, additional studio time before or after the reserved time, next or same day, for audio-only or video-only sessions. The rate includes audio service by our engineer (or our assistant if you bring your own engineer).
VIDEO SERVICE RATE: $60 per hour or $20 per hour for additional in-session video recording/editing service by our videographer, if available, upon request.
STUDIO TIME is for set up, test takes, recording, listening back, overdubbing, punching certain moments in the recording, editing, creating rough mix(es), preparing audio files that you may need MP3, WAV format, burning an audio CD for you to take to listen, copying files to your external device either a flash drive and/or external hard-drive with enough gigabytes to copy the audio and/or video files you recorded/edited/mixed and/or mastered.
PRE-PAID PACKAGES: Applicable only when pre-paid in full within 24 hours after available time is requested. Pre-Paid Package sessions cannot be split-up.
- $120 Weekday Morning Pre-Paid Package ($60 Savings): 2-hour+1-hour-FREE weekday session (10 AM - 12 PM) and get the 3rd hour FREE
- $300 5+1 Pre-Paid Package ($60 Savings): 5-hour+1-hour-FREE any day session for $300 and get the 6th hour FREE
- $500 Weekday Pre-Paid Package ($100 Savings): 10-hour weekday session for $500 (10 AM - 8 PM)
- $1000 Weekend Pre-Paid Package ($200 Savings): 2x10-hour sessions (10 AM - 8 PM, consecutive Saturday AND Sunday) for $1,000
TO SCHEDULE A SESSION: Click on BOOKING REQUEST FORM, or call/text 646-261-2570, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability in our schedule for the hours you plan to book.
A 50% deposit is required within 24 hours after available time is requested to confirm a non-Pre-Paid-Package session on the schedule.
A full payment is required within 24 hours after available time is requested to confirm any Pre-Paid Package sessions on the schedule.
If you choose not to make an advance deposit or full payment to confirm your session within 24 hours after available time is requested, the studio time may become available to someone one else. If you need more time before confirming with payment, please contact us again as soon as possible to find out if the studio time is still available.
It helps to have the following information ready when you contact us for scheduling:
- Dates and times that would work for you.
- Number of hours you want to reserve.
- Your plan for the session: editing, mixing, mastering, audio and/or video recording, etc..
- Name of the person who will be scheduling/paying for the session(s) and taking the project data.
- Are you planning to record several sources at the same time? If yes, please let us know the instruments and or number of voices.
- If applicable to your session: Are you using the studio’s drum set? or are you bringing your own drum set?
Are you using the acoustic grand piano (Yamaha G7)?* If so, are you hiring a piano technician* for your session?
*If you’re using the Grand Piano, it is recommended that you hire a piano technician to check and balance the intonation for your recording. This is not a requirement, and you are welcome to use it as is on the day of your recording. If you choose to hire a piano technician, please let us know if you want us to book the one we regularly call or if you are bringing your own technician. The studio provides 1 hour before the session start time for the technician to go over the intonation of the piano. A Piano Technician can charge between $100 to $150 for the piano intonation.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND FEE:
- If you must re-schedule a non-Pre-Paid-Package session, you have to notify the studio at least three days (72 hours) prior to your confirmed studio time. If not, the non-refundable deposit/full payment will be used as a cancellation fee.
- If you must re-schedule a Pre-Paid-Package session, you have to notify the studio at least one week prior to your confirmed Pre-Paid-Package session. If not, the non-refundable deposit/full payment will be used as a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel a session and do not re-schedule within 30 days of your cancellation, the non-refundable deposit/full payment will be used as a cancellation fee.
- FREE hours cannot be re-scheduled or carried over to another session.
- If you must re-schedule a Pre-Paid Package Weekday or Weekend session, it can only be re-scheduled to the same start time and day type.
Partial or Full Payment only covers for Recording Studio Time and not for storage of recorded material, instruments or any other items. Please make sure that you take all your material (hard-drive, equipment, instruments, etc). If you leave anything, the studio is not responsible for any damages to or any loss of your material.
Allow time within each session to make a copy to your data storage device (i.e. CD, DVD, Hard-Drive, Flash-Drive, etc) of the latest version of the masters to take with you after each paid studio session. If you would like to save Studio Time during the backup process, please note that copying your files to USB "Thumb" or "Flash" Drives takes more Studio Time than copying files to USB or FireWire external Hard Disk Drives or Solid States Drives. If you do not bring any of these external storage media to copy your files into, please keep in mind that the option of burning Data DVD takes longer than any of the media mentioned above. If you want us to upload your files to Dropbox for you to download later, please keep in mind that the Upload Time is even longer than to any of the media mentioned above. While we do not count uploading your files to a temporary on-line location as Studio Time billable at $1 per minute, we do need to bill you $1 per GigaByte you request we upload and files will be uploaded at our earliest convenience. With our current Internet service upload speeds, it has taken an average of about 48 (non-continuous) hours to upload 100 GB of data. Times may vary depending on many factors, including Internet traffic during the active upload time.
The studio may make-up paid Studio Time at Soundworks Recording Studio, only if material recorded at the studio is lost from the studio's drive during your Studio Time due to studio’s own technical issues.
The studio is not responsible for any other information in your storage device that may be lost at the studio due to studio's own technical issues. If you are bringing a storage device with data already on it, please make sure it already is backed up at your own location prior to traveling with it and bringing it to the studio.
The studio HIGHLY recommends you keep at least 1 up-to-date copy of all your masters, outside the studio, at all times. Data Storage Device manufacturers, data recovery specialists and data insurance companies insist that multiple backup copies of important data be kept in multiple locations at all times. They have said:
- "Your data does not exist unless it is in at least two different places at all times."
- "A hundred-dollar hard drive buys you thousands of dollars worth of insurance for your data (and invaluable time!)"
- "Hard drives are machines and they die too. CDs and DVDs can get scratched. Tape can shred to pieces. Vinyl can scratch and bend. Flash memory can fail. Data can get corrupted. What can go wrong will go wrong but it won't hurt as much if you have another copy."
While involved in your project, the studio MAY keep an additional copy of your recorded material for added efficiency. However, the studio reserves the right to delete this additional copy of your recorded material at any time while, or after, your project is completed, without prior notice to you.
REGARDING COPYRIGHT, LICENCES AND AGREEMENTS:
Soundworks Recording Studio does not claim ownership or any copyrights of content it is hired to work with via its audio and/or video services. Soundworks Recording Studio is not responsible for obtaining licenses or permissions related to other people's work. It is your responsibility to register your original material, and clear up any FOR-HIRE agreements, for your recording.
CASH: To be handed in person to Sandra Y. Kratc or Kamilo Kratc. Your email address will be requested for your cash transaction receipt. Please call before passing by the studio to check if we are available to receive payment.
CHECK (Advanced payment only): Please make check payable to: SOUNDWORKS RECORDING STUDIO, LLC - Checks are considered "payment" once our bank has collected the funds written. If a check bounces, we will not accept it as payment, and a returned check $35 bank fee will be added to your invoice.
If mailing your check, please address it to: Soundworks Recording Studio, Attention: Sandra Kratc, 38-01 23rd Avenue, Suite 303, Astoria, NY 11105
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD: We accept all credit or debit cards serviced by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. We can charge your card over the phone or in person at the studio. Your email address will be requested for your card transaction receipt.
PAYPAL: Click here (if you already have a made a reservation and would like to confirm) to pay online through the PayPal system. No PayPal account required.
All payments are non-refundable. See CANCELATION POLICY AND FEE for details
Please make a payment for a session ONLY after having first arranged a date and a time with us.
Payments DO NOT cover post-session storage of data, media, equipment or other materials.
We DO NOT sell storage services and should never have the only copy of your recorded material.
Rates and fees for work outside the studio vary depending on the time, distance, and technical requirements.